Monday, December 22, 2008

Caroling and Vistancia Lighting Contest

The other night, I heard some chitter chatter outside the front door. I knew at Halloween time, we have a tradition of "booing" when someone rings your doorbell, runs off, and leaves a treat. You're suppose to catch the person in the act. Well, I thought maybe there was a Christmas "booing" tradition that I didn't know about.....as soon as I heard the voices come up to the front door, I SWUNG open the door, before they had a chance to ring the bell!! I Yelled "BOO!". These four tiny little girls under the age of 5 jumped back 2 feet. Then they all started singing holiday carols with their families. I'm going to guess there were about 30 people in total from a mix of the Vistancia neighborhoods. It was so special and I ran to film what I could and followed them to a few neighbor's houses. Our Vistancia community hosts a xmas lighting contest each year. Nicole and I took a ride one night at all the houses on the list. I had two favorites but forgot to vote. One house was in the gated "Entrada" community and the gate was locked after hours. I could see it from the distance, but didn't get a photo of it. The owner has vertical stripes on all his roof tiles. That must've been fun installing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Mom wanted to know if you could email that pic of her and the girls. That was a cute pic. Merry Christmas!