Saturday, June 26, 2010
Slide Rock State Park
Had some refreshing fun today at Slide Rock State Park. It was 10 degrees cooler(95) there. We had to wait about 40 minutes to get in the parking lot. But it was well worth it. As Nicole was walking along a rock shelf, her hand came within 2 feet of an Arizona King Snake that crawled out of a hole. He wasn't as interested in Nicole as he was in the little mouse that was running ahead of him. Nicole got the heck out of there.
Later ate dinner at the Oak Creek Brewery. Portions were huge. Quality of food was exceptional! And the hot soft pretzels with melted swiss cheese fondue was out of this world. I could've made a meal out of that alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I haven't been to Slide Rock since I was a kid! Probably about Nicole's age - I've been dying to get back there since we moved to AZ almost 4 years ago - But I was pregnant then and our girls are too young. Great Video thought - Looked like a blast of a day!
Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish we could have been there too. I bet the water felt great even though it was cold. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment