We're all on countdown mode over at the Donnelly household, however, I don't think Nicole is as excited about the prospect of going back to school next week as I am. I'm looking forward to consistency, schedules, and not having to hear "I'm bored!"
There are many changes in our life as the school year approaches. Nicole will be attending a new school which is only about 1-2 blocks away (within walking distance) from our house. Our community has grown so much over the past three years and the land was donated that the need for a new school, in such a short amount of time, was warranted. Nicole's class last year had 36 students by the time the school year ended. So far, her new 6th grade class has 26.
I'm very much relieved that Nicole is so close to home now. I'll be changing my work schedule from part-time to full-time. It was very difficult to pick Nicole up, on time, last year from school and I had an excellent support system (thank you Erin) when I was late numerous times.
The new school is called "Lake Pleasant" and to get Nicole more excited, we bought her school t-shirt in advance. We think it looks pretty cool! We have an excellent PTO Board and we've heard many good things about the new administration. Nicole was lucky enough to help two teacher friends of ours set up their classrooms, so now she is familiar with the new school even before it has opened. It helps too, that the layout is the exact same as her former school, Vistancia.



No comments:
Post a Comment